About the Hemp Protein Powder
The hemp plant in itself is considered as a major source of protein, especially when found in hemp protein powder. It is considered one of the best sources of protein for not only vegetarians and lactose intolerant individuals but also those interested in weight loss and athletes due to its easily digestible nature. It is a natural source of protein which means it is gluten and soy free. These qualities make hemp protein powder a very desirable alternative to standard powder.
How to Make Hemp Protein Powder
The ground hemp seeds are blended with other foods such as banana, peach, milk, cherries, and strawberries. The procedure is simple and involves blending the variety of fruits available with the milk and slowly adding the hemp powder until the mixture texture is smooth. The milk can be replaced with orange juice depending on the user’s preference. The recipe can be altered to suit the expectations and needs of the specific individual.
Hemp Protein Powder Composition
Hemp protein powder is a raw organic food made up of 37% protein, 9% of vital fats and 43% of fiber without any carbohydrates. It also contains chlorophyll, iron, magnesium, copper, zinc, manganese and vitamin E. Unlike soy based powders which have to be taken through a rigorous procedure to kill anti-nutritional properties like phytic acids, the hemp can be used in its raw state without any ill effects. More amazing though is the fact that hemp protein powder is considered a complete protein as it contains all the nine known essential amino acids that are needed by the body like Lysine, Leucine, Threonine, Valine, Histidine, Methionine, Isoleucine, Tryptophan and Phenylalanine. The hemp protein powder has next to perfect essential fatty acids balance, high fiber content, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that keep cancerous cells away.
Benefits of Hemp Protein Powder
- Those suffering from thyroid diseases can safely take the hemp protein powder without suffering any ill effects.
- It is 100% organic and does not contain harmful chemical additives.
- It can be used to repair and sustain muscle mass development.
- Those with nut allergies can take it without suffering allergic reaction
- It contains all the essential amino acids needed by the body.
Hemp Protein Powder Flaws
- Hemp protein powder has an unpleasant “earthy” taste to it which makes it difficult to consume for most which is why it is mixed with milk or fruit drinks to mask the bad taste.
- It is a more expensive alternative when compared to the whey powder.
- Gaining access to the hemp protein powder is still a headache as it is not readily available to most. Having a regular supply is annoying.
Hemp Protein Powder – Summary
Hemp protein powder is quickly gaining popularity because of its unique health benefits due to the available nutrients it packs. Most health supplement and bodybuilding shops have began stocking it as an alternative to whey protein powder. Health experts consider it as one of the best protein supplements in the market currently. Adopting the use of hemp protein powder is thus highly recommended by health specialists as it does not come containing a lot of artificial flavors or sweeteners to mask the taste which adds dangerous chemicals to the body system. It may not be the most tasty protein powder, but it is highly valuable as a health supplement.